As promised, I voluntarily got this TAG from Ray of “The Esoterical Journey“
I would like to write about my fears because wise men say, talking about them – in one way or another – exonerates them from your system. ( I surely hope so!)
Anyway, here goes:
Fear is a natural human emotion. Fear makes us wary and careful of any undertaking we plan to do and therefore makes us less prone to mishaps and misfortunes.
Without fear, we become less human.
Here are the 6 fears/difficulties that continue to nibble at my consciousness:
1. Fear of death – I know death is a natural human process and I don’t fear dying per se.
Photo by provia_17
My fear is in the method or way in which I would die.
Will I die of natural causes?
Will I die of cancer?
Or will I die because of an accident?
The unknown way in which I will die, makes me fear death .
(I know, I know..,”To the organized mind, death is but the next exciting adventure.” but I just can’t help myself….help Ray…LOL)
2. Public speaking – I do speak in public often, but I still have those butterflies in my stomach whenever I am called up the stage to say a few sentences.
I know this is natural even for seasoned performers , but I still feel nervous – so what I do is to take a deep breath and leave my fate to the gods…(grins).
3. I fear that we are – slowly but surely – destroying the earth, that global warming will eventually become worst and that in the future, our children’s children would gnash their teeth in turmoil over our irresponsible deeds.
I also fear for them, because of how we subject them now to media violence and gadgets that don’t develop their resourcefulness and initiative.
I also observed that nowadays compassion and empathy are less and less encouraged; thereby, creating a society where people are only after their own personal gain at the expense of others.
4. I find it difficult to reconcile the fact that people talk about God but treat others so unkindly and unjustly.
I’m not a pompous prig and I don’t pretend to be a “holier than thou” person, but I believe “religion” is felt from the heart and not in the countless religious rituals that we often piously perform.
5. I am having difficulty staying away from sweets altogether.
Cakes, chocolates, ice cream and savory desserts are my weaknesses and I devour them voraciously – no matter what.
I would rather die full and my appetite satiated, than die hungry…(he he he – )
6. Lastly, I have great fear of heights.
I hate standing on the ledge of tall buildings, no matter how awesome the view is – from up there.
I’d rather sing in front of a crowd.
These are my basic fears…I have countless more, but I wanted this article to be “light”.
Those who would like to take up the TAG, you’re welcome!
Enjoy reading and happy blog hopping!