MANILA, Philippines – Filipinos are music lovers as evidenced by a number of Pinoy international artists namely, Tony award-winning singer actress Lea Salonga, pop international singing sensation, Charice, international Rock Star Arnel Pineda, and Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez.
Aside from these internationally recognized singers, Philippine entertainment boasts of hundreds of singers who can equal the talents of their international counterparts. The local music industry has Sarah Geronimo, Gary Valenciano, Martin Nievera, Zsa Zsa Padilla, and many more. They also had performed several times abroad for the Filipino community and their guests.
The Top 10 Original Pilipino Music (OPM) Love Songs that have been popular in mainstream music are:
1. Pain in My Heart – by Arnel Pineda and the Zoo Band
2. Bato sa Buhangin – by Cinderella Band
3. Dahil Sa Iyo – Mabuhay singers
4. Ikaw– by Sharon Cuneta
5. You Are My Song – Regine Velasquez
6. If We Fall In Love – by Yeng Constantino
7. Forevermore – by Side A Band
8. How Did You Know – by Gary Valenciano
9. Be My Lady – by Martin Nievera
10. Mahirap Magmahal ng Syota ng Iba – by Apo Hiking Society
There are countless more of wonderful OPM that Pinoys could be proud of. New compositions this 2012-2013 were not included. There were some wonderful songs from the Pop song contest.
People have different favorite songs. Some want them slow and mellow, some want them “fast and furious”, and some want them simple. Are your favorite singers and songs found in this list?
You may want to read what movies are considered as favorites by some Pinoys.