MANILA, Philippines – The 38th Metro Manila Film Festival Parade of Stars (MMFF) at 2 PM, Sunday, December 23, from the Quirino Grandstand to the SM MOA Grounds. The opening in theaters officially starts December 25, 2012 to January 6, 2013.
According to MMDA the alternate routes are:
“Southbound – From T.M. Kalaw, left turn at A. Mabini straight to F. B Harrison, right turn to EDSA, left to Roxas Blvd.
Nothbound – From EDSA, left turn at Taft Avenue straight to corner T.M. Kalaw.”
Filipino movie fans are excited to watch their superstars perform on screen. The most talked about film is Superstar Nora Aunor’s “Thy Womb,” which has already garnered several international awards abroad. Some of them are the following:
Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) Australia
Best Director – Brillante Mendoza
Bisato d’Oro (Golden Eel) award, Venice
Best Actress – Nora Aunor
The film, Director Brillante Mendoza and Nora Aunor have also been selected for exhibition in other countries like Dubai, Toronto, Poland, Taipei, Bratislava and Brisbane. “Thy Womb” also stars Bembol Roco, and Lovi Poe.
The other Metro Manila Film Festival entries are:
- “Sisterakas” – Kris Aquino, teen heartthrob Daniel Padilla and partner Kathryn Bernardo
- “The Strangers” – Enrique Gil and Julia Montes
- “Si Agimat, Si Enteng, at Ako” – Ramon Bong Revilla Jr., Vic Sotto and Judy Ann Santos
- “Sosy Problems” – Aljur Abrenica, Rhian Ramos and Heart Evangelista
- “One More Try” – Dingdong Dantes, Angel Locsin, and Angela Panganiban
- “El Presidente” – Nora Aunor, Cesar Montano, Cristine Reyes, and E.R. Ejercito
- “Shake, Rattle, and Roll 14” – Dennis Trillo, Janice de Belen, Lovi Poe, Herbert Bautista, and Vhong Navarro.
Who would win during the MMFF Awards Night? Check back for developments later this week.