Stephen Amell, who plays the role of billionaire-vigilante Oliver Queen in the TV series “Arrow”, has been nominated for the Best Lead Performance by a Male in the 2014 Leo Awards. There were 1052 eligible entries that the jurors selected from. The Leo Awards is one of the most prestigious award giving bodies in British Columbia’s film and television industry.
“Arrow” has 6 nominations, including that of Stephen Amell. The 2014 Leo Awards Nominations for “Arrow” include:
• Best Lead Performance by a Male – Stephen Amell in “Arrows” “Crucible” episode
• Best Lead Performance by a Female – Emily Bett Rickards in “Arrows” “Three Ghost” episode
• Best Drama Series
• Best Cinematography
• Best Make-Up
• Best Stunt Coordination
As Oliver Queen, Stephen Amell is perfect for the role with his dashing looks and well-toned physique. It was not surprising to fans to learn that he, indeed, performs the difficult Salmon Ladder exercise by himself. He portrays the role convincingly that fans from all over the world have made him their superhero.
“Arrow” has become popular in Latin America, North America, South Africa, Australia, United Kingdom, India, Ireland, Philippines and, of course, Continental USA and Canada. Stephen Amell is from Canada. Reportedly, “Arrow” is the highest rated CW series in the last 5 years, earning a metacritic score of 75/100 with an approval rating of 86%.
The other nominees for Best Lead Performance by a Male in 2014 Leo Awards are:
• Steven Cree Molison for “Blackstone “– “Reap What You Sow” episode
• Louis Ferreira for “Motive” – “Fallen Angel” episode
• Greyston Holt for “Bitten” – “Prisoner” episode
Stephen Amell has also been previously nominated in the following:
• Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor in the People’s Choice Awards
• Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi and Choice TV Breakout Star in the Teen Choice Awards
• Cause You’re Hot in the NewNowNext Awards
• Best TV Hero in the IGN Awards
Stephen Amell is fast gaining popularity among TV audiences around the world with his Official Facebook Page earning 1.6 million likes, to date. He interacts regularly on his Facebook page that makes him even more adorable to his multitude of fans around the world.
In addition, he has a wholesome and pleasant personality off camera based on posted videos on YouTube. One was a bonding time with his cousin, Robie Amell, of “The Tomorrow People”, another must watch TV series.
On his Facebook Page Stephen Amell posted:
“Pretty pumped that Arrow got nominated for a bunch of Leo Awards Very flattering!!”
Would Stephen Amell win the Best Lead Performance by a Male in 2014 Leo Awards? This would be revealed on the last week of May 2014. Check back later for updates.