The American Idol live tour is done and the Top 10 Idols are now advancing to their individual professional singing careers, with majority of them recording their first albums.
Colton Dixon has “Gone Away” and Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips are recording as well.
Here are some updates and happenings of American Idol finalists, as of October 11, 2012.
- Jessica Sanchez has changed her Twitter handle from @JSanchezAI11 to @JessicaESanchez. She has posted in this new handle this quotation:
“Let’s fight for the right to fall in love”
- Lauren Alaina, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood and Casey James are nominated for the American Country Awards.
Fans can now vote for these American Idols on www.theacas.com.
- American Idol season 11 winner, Phillip Phillips’, Home is now at #25 on the Billboard Hot 100
- Casey James’ “Crying on a Suitcase” is #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 under the category Bubbling Over.
Casey James was the 3rd placer during the American Idol season 9 competitions.
- Heejun Han and Colton Dixon were at Channel 19 in Kansas City spending time with “Sisqo”.
Heejun Han is the 9th placer in season 11, and is considered the “Funny Man” of the American Idol season 11 series, while Colton Dixon was the 6th placer of the same show.
- Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away” is at #5 on the Country Digital Songs chart.
Carrie Underwood was the winner of American Idol season 4 competitions. She continues to reign as one of the most bankable singers of American Idol finalists.
- Phillip Phillips performed his coronation song, “Home”, for the Dalai Lama during the New York One World concert.
The other performers are Roberta Flack, David Crosby, Dave Matthews, and Cyndi Lauper. The Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, is the Buddhist spiritual leader of Tibet, and a prominent figure in the international community because of his peace keeping endeavors; he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.
Phillip expressed how he considered it an honor to perform for the Dalai Lama.
The other American Idol finalists are also busy in recording their first albums, which all of their fans are looking forward to.